|Pesto Alfredo Chicken Rotini Recipe|
Our last article taught you, cari miei lettori, that anybody can make pesto sauce. Pesto sauce on its own is quite strong in flavor, but still delicious. However, my children might have turned up their noses had I covered their pasta in it. Yet using it mixed in other sauces is not only common, but scrumptious.
|Preparing Pesto Alfredo Chicken Rotini Recipe|
Pesto Alfredo Chicken Rotini Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons of butter
- 4-6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (sliced into thin strips)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of heavy cream or whipping cream
- Dash of pepper (black or white)
- 2-3 cups of Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup of Pesto
- 1 12-16 oz package of Rotini (we used Trader Joe's organic whole wheat)
Directions:Heat a pasta pan or large pot of water and bring it to a boil, adding salt. Meanwhile, heat olive oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and garlic and saute until chicken is cooked. Reduce heat and stir in heavy cream and pepper and simmer for a little bit, then add Parmesan, stirring until it is thoroughly incorporated. Add Pesto and do the same. Leave on low heat.
Now add pasta to the large pot of water and cook as directed until al dente. Drain pasta and add to pan of pesto alfredo chicken sauce and serve.