|Organic Curly Endive with Bacon and Garlic Dressing Recipe|
Thanks to Victory Seeds, I grew my own heirloom endive this year.Salad King Endive heirloom seeds germinated easily and grew into the most beautiful and lush curly green salad leaves.
|Organic Salad King Endive in my Garden|
by Victory Seeds
Endive is another power packed super food, but it can be a bit on the bitter side for a salad green by itself. Mixed in with lettuce leaves it tastes wonderful. However, making my Curly Endive Salad with Bacon and Garlic Dressing is even better! The dressing is tangy sweet which hides any bitterness of the endive leaves.
|Organic Curly Endive Salad with Bacon and Garlic Dressing|
- 6 bacon slices, browned and crumbled into bite size pieces (reserving some bacon grease to saute garlic)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mild honey
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup prepared chicken broth
- 1 large head curly endive, washed and spun, torn into bite-size pieces (if stems are large or hard, only use the curly leaves and discard all stems)
InstructionsIn a small bowl combine sugar and flour. Then whisk in the apple cider vinegar, egg, and chicken broth. Sit aside.
|Saute garlic in bacon grease|
Saute the minced garlic in the bacon grease until its fragrant (a couple of minutes). Stir in the broth mixture and continue stirring until thickens over med heat. Remove from heat, stir in salt and pepper to taste. Add the bacon pieces.
|After dressing thickens, add bacon.|
Toss the endive with the warm bacon dressing in a salad bowl and serve.