|Zucchini Italian Crisps Recipe, Gluten-Free, Egg-Free|
Coated in almond flour, Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, olive oil, and smoky paprika.
|Round Zucchini from my organic garden,|
seeds purchased through Victory Seeds
|Zucchini Italian Crisps Breading Mix|
Including Bob's Red Mill Almond Meal Flour,
Kraft Parmesan/Romano Cheese,
and Urban Accents Smokey Paprika Seasoning
We have tried to limit our gluten intake because of Levi's autism and my own auto-immune diseases. Normally I use a different Parmesan/Romano cheese, but this is what I could buy at the store I was in and the fine grated powder works well for "breading" on gluten-free dishes. You don't have to use Smoky Paprika seasoning, any combo of sea-salt, pepper, and herbs will work.
Zucchini Italian Crisps Recipe
|Zucchini Italian Crisps, Gluten-Free|
- 4 small or 2 medium zucchinis (round or regular)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup shredded Romano and/or Parmesan cheese
- Olive Oil to coat zucchini
- Smoky Spanish Paprika seasoning and/or any mixture of sea salt, pepper, and herbs to taste
- Preheat oven to 400° Fahrenheit or 204° Celsius.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and coat/mist with olive oil.
- Cut zucchini into 1/4 inch slices (round slices with their skin on makes easier handling). Coat slices with olive oil.
- In a bowl for breading mixture, combine almond flour, cheese, and spices.
- Dip each slice of zucchini into breading, coating both sides. Place them as a single layer on the baking sheets.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown (switching the pan on racks half-way through for even browning).